Peregrinos de Hormigueros
One of the island’s smallest towns, Hormigueros—whose name, “anthills” in Spanish, refers to the small rises that pockmark the area—has had a major source of fame and revenue since the seventeenth century, thanks to its status as the location of one of the most venerated churches in all of Puerto Rico, which attracts plenty of visitors every year.
- Parque de los Peregrinos: 1871-
- Héctor Sandoval: 1871-1883.
- Javier Guajardo: 1884-